Monday, August 18, 2014

What's Cooking? Tomato Tart

Last week's Cook With Me recipe was the tomato tart. I was so excited to make this, because it looked absolutely mouth-watering in the book. Being pregnant, I decided to substitute the goat cheese with cream cheese, since I wasn't sure if goat cheese was pasturized, and I didn't want to chance it. The cream cheese really worked as a substitution. I was concerned it would make the tart too sweet, but it was the perfect complement to the ricotta.

How did we like the tart? It was fabulous! It tasted like a light, homemade pizza with a puff pastry crust. Yum! Though my husband thought that I could have put more tomatoes on it, and once I tasted it, I agreed. This is such a great way to showcase the season's tomatoes, so load it up! The dish was pretty quick to put together and it was a nice, light meal for summer. It would also be a lovely, easy and classy addition to any backyard picnic.


If you made the tomato tart (or will be making it), let me know how you liked it and post a pic to my facebook wall. I look forward to hearing how you liked it!

4 comments:

  1. I eat my body weight in tomatoes every summer. Love this! I found your recipe over at the Tuesday’s Table link party.  I host Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday and would love it if you would come over and share this recipe.  I’m sure our party goers would love it!  Here is the link http://bit.ly/1kRX8Tm.  Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good tomato too, and there is just nothing like summer tomatoes! Thanks for letting me know about the party, I will stop by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Scarlett,
    WE would really enjoy your Tomato Tart, it looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I don't look forward to the heat and humidity of summer, I'm always anxious for it to begin because it means tomatoes! The tart looks great and cream cheese sounds like a good sub for goat cheese.
    Thank you for sharing, Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete